Based on the research studies conducted at the renowned Trauma Centre in Massachusetts, this intensive training presents the yoga method known as Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY).
Over the course of the full day you will learn:
- Introduction to different types of trauma
- Introductory overview of trauma theory, diagnostics, and statistics
- Introduction to the four key principles of the TSY method
- Participation in a short Trauma Sensitive Yoga practice
- Methods of applying the four principles of TSY in general yoga classes
- Consideration of inclusive language in the class setting, from a trauma-informed perspective
- The ethics of teaching diverse populations in relation to TSY principles
- Opportunity to apply these principles through practice teaching in small groups or pairs
The principles explored in these modules are intended to be applied in general yoga classes and yoga programs to make class environments more trauma-informed.
Saturday May 9
Egg Of The Universe
Yerrabingin House, 2 Davy Road, Alexandria, NSW, 2015
$225 Full Price
$195 Early Bird (Paid before 9th April)